Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Change of direction






So I've decided to change the direction of my blog. Origionally I was going to post pictures of the daycare on here so that the kids' friends and families could all enjoy them. Then I reallized I could only put a few pictures on at a time. I take so many pictures of the kids that it is hard for me to pick just a few.

Now my blog will be more about my photography. My dream is to be a professional photographer. I am going to start taking classes hopefully in the near future that will help me to become a better photographer. Then when the kids are all in school I'll be able to focus on my photography. Eventually doing weddings, senior pictures, and families. It would be fun to even be able to work for a magazine or newspaper or to do some kind of freelance work.

I've had my new camera for about a year now and I've never really explored all of its capabilities. So last night I looked up the manual online, because I lost my copy, and read up on my camera. I learned a lot of things that I never knew about the camera. I have a Fuji Finepix s700. I've been telling Kirk that I want a nicer, more professional camera. Well, I think that I may find that my camera is perfect for me at this point in time.

While we were at the zoo this morning I tried out some of the newly discovered features on my camera. One of the settings that I am most excited about lets me set the camera for exactly what I am taking pictures of. For example museums, sunset, flowers, party, snow, and beach.

I used the museum setting to take pictures of the lions and alligators at the zoo. It worked great. I was able to get clear shots of the animals through the glass.

Hope you enjoy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You've always had a great eye! Congratulations! :D The zoo shots are beautiful!